Millage rollbacks to be discussed in upcoming meetings
BATON ROUGE - Millage rates in East Baton Rouge Parish will be the center of discussion at more than a dozen upcoming organization's meetings.
The BREC board is scheduled to vote Thursday on rolling a property tax millage forward. It would raise more than $1.4 million dollars for the East Baton Rouge Parish park system.
Opponents say that makes people pay more than what approved for certain property taxes. East Baton Rouge Parish Republican Party leaders say any type of increases should only take place after public approval.
The discussion is taking because it's a reassessment year. Here's a complete list of upcoming meetings:
- ERB School Board 7/19/12 @ 5:00 pm
- City of Baker 1/25/12 @ 6:00 pm
- Central Fire Protection Dist No. 4 6/26/12 @ 5:30 pm
- St. George Fire Protection Dist No.2 7/12/12 @ 5:30 pm
- BREC 6/28/12 @ 5:20 pm
- EBR Sheriff 7/10/12 @ 2:00 pm
- Central School District 7/23/12 @ 5:30 pm
- Fire Protection Dist No. 6 7/10/12 @ 7:00 pm
- Eastside Fire Protection Dist No. 5 7/16/12 @ 7:00 pm
- Zachary Community Schools 7/26/12 @ 6:30 pm
- City of Zachary 7/24/12 @ 6:30 pm
- Ponchartrain Levee District 7/23/12 @ 5:30 pm
- EBR Assessors Office 6/08/12 @ 8:30 am