Man on bar rooftop dies after grabbing power line
BATON ROUGE - A man died at the Spanish Moon bar on Highland Road around 3 a.m. Friday morning after grabbing a power line, according to Baton Rouge Police Cpl. L'Jean McKneely.
Police will release the man's age and identity when his family is notified. McKneely says the man was on the roof of the bar drinking with friends when he grabbed a power line and was electrocuted.
Friends of the victim don't understand how this could've happened.
"You don't understand how much he's going to be missed. Somebody like him to be taken away from us is just... I really don't know how that could've happened," said Jessica Miller.
The man was dead when officers arrived on scene. Police are calling it an accident, and no one will be prosecuted.
"It's completely unfortunate. It's an absolute freak accident. Nobody saw it coming. I mean I don't know what happened. I wasn't there, but this is not something that would've been done on purpose," said Miller.
Friends say the man was an audio visual technician in Baton Rouge.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Restore Louisiana discusses how to spend flood aid
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg had lunch in Baton Rouge; Find out what he...
Sparks fly at town hall meeting with Congressman Garret Graves
Multiple calls to fix growing sinkhole gone unanswered
Parents stay strong after daughter left paralyzed following domestic violence shooting