Local News

Man offers $1k for tips on 13-year-old cold case

Font size

Posted: May 18, 2014 11:29 AM by Greg Renoud
Updated: May 18, 2014 11:29 AM
Source: WBRZ

  Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

CLINTON, La. - One man is offering money out of his own pocket to bring a 13-year-old cold case to a close. Wesley Dale Morgan, then 2-years-old, was last seen on his porch in Clinton.

Resident of East Feliciana Richard Sobers says it's time to get answers on the case. He is offering $1,000 for anyone with tips leading to Morgan's whereabouts on top of the $10,000 the FBI is offering. Sobers is also challenging elected officials in East Feliciana to do the same, with the ultimate goal of raising $20,000.

However, unlike the FBI, Sobers's offer is only good until June 1st. ""That will put some urgency on it. If someone wants to gather 20-thousand as opposed to 10-thousand, then they have 2 weeks to do it if we can raise that much money," said Sobers.

With a background in law enforcement, Sobers has worked to find the now 15-year-old for the last year. Sobers says he has sent letters to the East Feliciana Sheriff's Office and other agencies, only to run into dead ends. He credits WBRZ for bringing attention back to the cold case.

"After channel 2 got involved, it seems suddenly that the sheriff's office is going to reopen the case, and the FBI has taken notice and offered a 10-thousand dollar reward ... without Channel 2, I was all but done, and now we have new life in this story."

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular