Man killed in house fire
BATON ROUGE - Investigators are looking into a house fire that sparked Saturday night.
A spokesperson with the Central Fire Department says a 64-year-old man was found unconscious in a bedroom at a house on Greenwell Street around 7 p.m.
James Crockett was transported to a hospital where he died. An autopsy will determined how he died.
Fire investigators say the fire sparked in the kitchen and four fire departments responded to the scene.
The State Fire Marshal was called to the scene to investigate.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
EBR Sheriff stationed rescue vehicles ahead of storm
Ascension, Livingston inland waterways closed to recreational boaters at 6 p.m.
Mosquito fish being used to decrease West Nile Virus mosquito population
Valve releasing stinky odor disrupting church, neighborhood
Vote on Baton Rouge zoo relocation deferred