Man busted for fake document operation
BATON ROUGE - Baton Rouge Police said they arrested a man after finding hundreds of fake documents in his home, including insurance cards and high school diplomas.
Investigators said in August of this year, the department became aware of Frederick Grayer's fraudulent business when they noticed a fake inspection sticker on a car at a traffic stop. The driver said Grayer sold her the car along with the false documents inside it.
Soon after, detectives executed a search warrant at Grayer's home. They found a laundry list of falsified documents:
- ten fake Louisiana inspection stickers
- seven fake insurance cards
- 25 falsified license tags
- 33 false high school diplomas/GED's
- ten fraudulent business licenses
- 209 fake "Emission Test Stickers"
- 35 forged doctor's excuses
Grayer faces a felony theft charge along with dozens of forgery charges.