86°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 Day Outlook
Fri
94°
67°
0%
Sat
94°
69°
0%
Sun
94°
69°
10%
Follow our weather team on social media

Man bursts into flames after drinking gasoline

3 years ago February 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012 Tuesday, February 28 2012 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:36:19 PM CST in News
Source: Associated Press

HAVELOCK, N.C. - A North Carolina man is dead after he accidentally drank a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.

Havelock police said 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning died this morning after he accidentally set himself on fire Monday.

He was at a friend's apartment where he mistakenly took a gulp of gasoline from a jar by the kitchen sink.

Banning apparently wasn't aware gasoline was in the jar which he thought was a beverage.

After he took a gulp, he spit the gasoline out of his mouth which landed on his clothes.

Sometime later, investigators said Banning went outside to smoke a cigarette and that's when his clothes burst into flames.

Police and fire officials are continuing their investigation into Banning's death.

More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days