LSU cancels Fall Break due to Isaac closure
BATON ROUGE - LSU adjusted their fall calendar today to make up for three days lost because of Isaac.
The university canceled its Fall Break on Oct. 18 and 19, and said they would also hold class on a Saturday to make up the difference. The date for that class had not yet been determined.
"We recognize that there is no perfect solution. This is the best approach for meeting the mission of LSU as well as the goals of our faculty and students," the university said on their website.
Here's a breakdown of the other adjusted dates on the school calendar:
- Classes are scheduled to resume as normal on Friday, Aug. 31
- Final date for dropping courses without receiving a grade of "W," September 4 (Tue) 4:30 p.m., deadline
- Final date for adding courses for credit and making section changes September 5 (Wed) 4:30 p.m., deadline
- Final date for adding thesis and dissertation research; final date for September 5 (Wed) "degree only" registration
- Final date for submitting to Graduate School applications for master's and September 7 (Fri) doctoral degrees to be awarded at fall commencement
- Final date for departments to recommend to Graduate School appointment September 7 (Fri) of examining committees (requests for final examinations) for degrees to be awarded at fall commencement
All other dates on the calendar remain the same.