LSU announces traffic and parking information before Saturday's home-opener
BATON ROUGE – LSU takes on Jacksonville State for its home-opener game on Saturday and the university has issued traffic and parking information for fans to keep in mind when heading to campus.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and to carpool when possible in order to reduce the amount of cars on campus. Fans should visit www.lsusports.net/parking for parking updates, suggested routes to campus and other game day announcements.
The university has issued the following updates and reminders:
New for 2016
- Additional free parking has been added on Gourrier and River Road – near the hayfield and levee lots. These lots are in addition to the Golf Course Parking.
- Game-by-Game parking areas on east campus have changed, please check map for updates. The updated campus parking map can be located at www.LSUsports.net/parking. Please be aware that vehicles parked in reserved lots without a parking pass will be towed at the owner's expense.
- South Campus Drive between Field House Drive and Forestry Drive will be closed to only those vehicles with permits to that area.
- Changes have been made to Lots 107 and 102 - which are located at the site of the old Alex Box Stadium - due to construction. If you park in this area, please make sure to check the map for available entrances to these lots.
- For safety concerns, street parking will still not be allowed on Nicholson Drive/Highway 30 and Burbank Drive south of Skip Bertman Drive. Tailgating is still allowed in the grass areas adjacent to Nicholson Drive, however, vehicles will not be allowed to park in this area. Fans tailgating in these areas are encouraged to use the Old Front Nine free parking lot.
- Overnight decals and trailer passes will be sold from noon to 8 p.m. at the Alex Box Stadium Ticket office on Fridays before home games.
- Free ADA parking will be available in Lot 409 (Hall of Fame Lot at Alex Box Stadium) with a shuttle running starting five hours before kickoff. Patrons must show a state issued hang tag for access to this lot.
Pedestrian Buffer Zone
- A pedestrian buffer zone will remain in effect on Nicholson Drive for fans exiting Tiger Stadium heading west. Nicholson Drive between North Stadium and South Stadium Drive will have no post-game vehicular traffic. Traffic will be forced north and south at these streets with no cross traffic allowed. This operation will allow fans to cross Nicholson Drive without competing vehicular traffic as well as assisting with the forced directional exit in the parking lots around the stadium.
- LSU will enforce directional exiting from parking lots. Additional personnel have been hired to assist fans with exiting into the correct post-game direction.
- Be aware of constructions on River Road heading north towards downtown.
- All vehicles parking in the Levee Lot will be directed southbound on River Road.
- Due to construction on South Boulevard downtown and the required closure of River Road adjacent to the River Center, northbound traffic on River Road and Nicholson Drive will be slower than normal.
- North bound traffic on River Road will be diverted to Nicholson Drive due to the closure of River Road downtown.