Lightning strike sparks fire at grocery store
BATON ROUGE- Grocery store Hi-Nabor caught on fire Monday. Investigators believe it was struck by lightning.
"It was a loud boom, a loud noise...then we smelled smoke, like wires or something burning. It was just really nerve-racking, but we got everyone out and everybody is safe. So that's a blessing," a store worker told News2's Kristy Davis.
The fire started about 8 p.m. at the Drusilla/Jefferson location and was quickly extinguished. It appears most of the damage is to the roof, where it peaks and forms a steeple.