Le Creole - Creole Chop Salad
Check out this fresh salad recipe, courtesy of Chef Ryan Andre from Le Creole.
Creole Chop Salad
2 cup chopped romaine hearts
1 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup diced pickled red onion
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3/4 cup blanched diced carrot
3/4 cup blanched green peas
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced roasted red bell pepper
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
3/4 cup Steens cane vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. fresh dill
1 cup crispy wontons
2 cups of canola oil
1. In blender, place avocado, vinegar, water, salt, honey and dill; blend until smooth.
2. With blender running, drizzle oil until emulsified.
3. Store in cooler until needed.
4. Blanch carrots and peas separately in crab boil for approximately 6 min. Cool down as soon as remove from water.
5. Place lettuce in bowl and toss with little dressing and salt and peeper to taste. Place in bottom of salad bowl.
6. Add remaining vegetables and gently toss with little more dressing and place on top of greens.
7. Crumble goat cheese on top and garnish with crispy wontons.