Large roof fire at LSU Tuesday night sparked by roofing materials
BATON ROUGE - It took fire crews about 45 minutes to extinguish a fire on the roof of LSU's Patrick F. Taylor Hall Tuesday night.
Emergency crews were dispatched around 8:30 p.m. The fire was out before 9:30 p.m.
The building houses the LSU College of Engineering and is undergoing construction. Sources told WBRZ reporter Brittany Weiss, a new roof was installed hours before the fire started. Fire investigators said hot tar and asphalt materials used on the roof earlier in the day smoldered and caused the large fire.
Flames could be seen from the WBRZ tower camera just north of campus.
Roof fire at LSU Tuesday. Video recorded by WBRZ tower camera ...
No injuries reported in a roof fire at LSU's Patrick F. Taylor Hall ( formerly CEBA) Tuesday. Watch video of the blaze from the WBRZ tower camera.Posted by WBRZ Channel 2 on Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Fire crews searched the building and found the fire did not move into the facility and was contained to the roof area.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Popular furniture store closing after 66 years of business in Baton Rouge
Deputies investigating after two found dead in Prairieville apartment
Good Samaritan helped put out car fire after deadly crash with school...
Rescuers working to free person stuck inside vent of grain bin
Town of Addis can't agree on railroad crossing dilemma