Kitchen fire damages Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE- A fire on New Year's Eve has forced one Baton Rouge family out of their home.
It happened around 12:15 p.m. in the 9500 block of Tampa Drive.
Firefighters say the blaze started in the kitchen. They say three kids were home, and the oldest was cleaning the kitchen and may have left a towel on the stove.
However, firefighters kept the house from being a total loss. No one was hurt.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Teens recognized as state\'s top future soldiers by Governor Edwards
Coursey Blvd. gardening business vandalized, owner says more than $10,000 in damages
Man arrested accused of injuring prominent realtor in Prairieville
Baton Rouge man treated by President Trump's doctor after medical emergency
Families, veterans pay respects on Memorial Day at Port Hudson National Cemetery