Keeping the kids occupied while inside
BATON ROUGE - With the ice looming in the surrounding area parents are going to be home with their kids.
Baton Rouge Parents Magazine has some recommendations for inside activities.
* Have an Indoor Scavenger Hunt
* Make Pasta Necklaces Or Paper Airplanes
* Make Valentine Cards - With the holiday coming up, you can get ahead and be ready.
* Camp in the Great Indoors - Who says tents have to stay outside?
* Host a "Tea" Party - Dress up in fancy duds, set the table with the good china, and practice your most formal manners
* Have everyone dig out a toy to donate to a shelter. Clothes count too - You might get their rooms organized in the process!
* Get out the Play-Doh.
* Get out board games or card games.
* Make and decorate cookies or popcorn balls
* Play Twister, act out animal movements, do the Hokey Pokey. Cut holes in a cardboard box and play a game tossing rolled-up socks in them.
* Watch a family movie together. - Try The Way Way Back for tweens/teens, or any family DVD.
* Read good books.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Donations sought to upgrade police ballistic vests
BRAF's First Responders Fund has netted $200k+ in donations
Eight-year-old boy makes $20K donation to first responders fund
Overtime in the millions following violent protests in Baton Rouge
City employee accused of stealing $15,000 from parking meters