Keeping the kids occupied while inside
BATON ROUGE - With the ice looming in the surrounding area parents are going to be home with their kids.
Baton Rouge Parents Magazine has some recommendations for inside activities.
* Have an Indoor Scavenger Hunt
* Make Pasta Necklaces Or Paper Airplanes
* Make Valentine Cards - With the holiday coming up, you can get ahead and be ready.
* Camp in the Great Indoors - Who says tents have to stay outside?
* Host a "Tea" Party - Dress up in fancy duds, set the table with the good china, and practice your most formal manners
* Have everyone dig out a toy to donate to a shelter. Clothes count too - You might get their rooms organized in the process!
* Get out the Play-Doh.
* Get out board games or card games.
* Make and decorate cookies or popcorn balls
* Play Twister, act out animal movements, do the Hokey Pokey. Cut holes in a cardboard box and play a game tossing rolled-up socks in them.
* Watch a family movie together. - Try The Way Way Back for tweens/teens, or any family DVD.
* Read good books.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Just in time for bed, evacuation lifted after gas line rupture
Water to be cut off for residents delinquent on sewer fees
St. George organizers submit 4,630 additional signatures
City leaders address concerns about Jones Creek Road construction
Iberville deputies train for 'shoot/don't shoot' situations