Judge delays Ohio school shooting trial
CHARDON, Ohio - A judge in Ohio has indefinitely delayed the murder trial of an 18-year-old charged in the shooting death of three high school classmates.
Judge David Fuhry in Chardon, east of Cleveland, said Monday that he will hold a hearing in late January to discuss a new trial date. The trial of T.J. Lane had been scheduled to begin next Monday.
The judge ruled in response to a joint motion from prosecution and defense attorneys who say they have new evidence. The nature of the evidence was not disclosed in court.
Prosecutors say Lane took a .22-caliber pistol and a knife to Chardon High School last Feb. 27 and fired 10 shots at a group of students in the cafeteria. Three were killed and three others were wounded.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Shell Chemical to spend $717 million to expand Geismar plant
NOPD says married Sen. Troy Brown punched girlfriend at Bayou Classic party
Mental health services see spike in demand as hospitals close
$4 million of EKL medical equipment missing
Elderly man thankful for great neighbors, despite horrible plight