Jubans - Crab Cakes with Corn Maque Choux
2 lbs crabmeat
1 lb jumbo lump/ 1lb lump, picked clean of shells
2 whole eggs
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp red bell pepper, small diced
1 tbsp yellow bell pepper, small diced
1 tbsp poblano pepper, small diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup mayo
2 tbsp ground mustard
1 tbsp protein seasoning
1 cup green onions
1 cup panko bread crumb
1. In a small sauté pan sweat peppers and garlic in butter, then place in walk-in to cool.
2. Clean crabmeat of shells, be careful not to break up large lumps.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, mayo, ground mustard, seasoning and green onions, and bread crumbs.
4. Add sweat vegetables and crabmeat and fold in to mix well.
5. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes and form into 3 oz cakes.
Corn Maque Choux
7 ears grilled corn cut off cob
1 large red onion small dice
1 each red bell, yellow bell, poblano pepper small diced
1 T minced garlic
½ lb small diced Andouille
1 T fresh chopped thyme
1 T Worcestershire
1T hot sauce
3 ears corn cut off cob raw
1/2 c heavy cream
1. Sauté andouille to caramelize
2. Add diced onion, peppers, garlic and sauté
3. Deglaze hot sauce and Worcestershire
4. Add grilled corn and fresh thyme; season with salt and blackening season to taste
5. Sauté raw corn in 1T whole butter then add cream
6. Simmer until cream thickens to sauce consistency
7. Puree in food processor
8. Fold cream corn and maque choux together