Juban's - Veal Grillades and Grits
8 oz veal round cut in half and pounded
Flour for dusting
Salt and pepper
- Season veal slices and dust in flour sear till golden brown on both sides over high heat.
4 c milk
2oz boursin cheese
¼ pound butter
4T roasted garlic paste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Allow pot with butter and milk come to a simmer add grits and whisk.
- Simmer grits until soft.
- Once soft whisk in roasted garlic paste and boursin cheese and season with salt and pepper.
1 c diced red bell pepper
1 c diced white onion
½ c diced celery
½ c diced green bell pepper
1T minced garlic
1t dry thyme
1t dry oregano
1t Tony's seasoning
1 small can Rotel
½ c sherry
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1T hot sauce
½ gallon veal stock
1 bay leaf
¼ pound dark roux
- Sweat all vegetables with dry seasonings till soft over medium heat.
- Turn up heat to high and add rotel, sherry, hot sauce, and Worcestershire to deglaze and reduce by half.
- Then add veal stock and bay leaf and bring to simmer.
- Slowly add roux bring back to simmer and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Season salt and pepper to taste.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Stoic employee hands over cash with gun in his face
WBRZ's traffic reporter Ashley Fruge' to dance for charity
WBRZ Crawfish Index: boiled price per pound lowest since Mardi Gras
Police responding to early morning shooting on Winnebago Street
Contractor calls out competition for taking credit for his work