Juban's - Duck Cassoulet
1 pound local peas (pink eyed)
1 cup small diced andouille
½ cup small diced onion
½ cup small diced celery
½ cup small diced green bell peppers
1 qt duck stock
1 Table spoon fresh chopped thyme
½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
2 oz unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sear andouille in small pot over high heat until brown.
2. Pull off heat and add diced vegetables with a little salt and pepper place back over low heat and cook till vegetables are soft.
3. Add peas and enough stock to cover season with salt and pepper cook on low heat until peas are tender and add stock if liquid reduces to far.
4. When peas are tender, turn up heat to reduce liquid by half. Add vinegar fresh thyme and cubed butter and whisk in.
Confit duck leg
6 duck leg quarters
½ c herb salt
¼ c white pepper
1T garlic powder
½ gallon duck fat
1. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sugar together and season duck legs.
2. Allow to sit uncovered in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Rinse off rub and sear skin side only till golden brown.
4. Place in oven proof container so all legs are snug.
5. Add enough duck fat to completely submerge and bring to a simmer over low heat.
6. Cover with foil and place in a 275-degree oven till tender about 3 and ½ hours.