Inspection records show no issues at burned complex
BATON ROUGE- The fire department said Friday there were no violations when inspectors checked an apartment complex that eventually burned and left nearly three dozen homeless.
The Turner Plaza Apartments caught fire Wednesday. Another portion of the complex burned a few years earlier, too.
Fire investigators told the WBRZ News 2 Investigative Unit, there had been no complaints or violations for almost ten years. The building had been inspected most recently in September.
City leaders are collecting donations for people who lost everything in the fire. Gently used or new household items can be dropped off at the MLK Center on Gus Young between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Teacher accused of choking student unconscious
Doctors seeing increase in patients with the flu
WATCH: Impaired driver crashes into Trooper's vehicle on I-12
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer