I-12 opens, traffic backed up nine miles
SPRINGFIELD - Authorities reopened a portion of I-12 East Wednesday afternoon that had been shut down after a wreck involving multiple trucks many hours earlier.
DOTD said traffic was backed up for nine miles from the site of the wreck between Holden and Albany.
Authorities said two dump trucks and an 18-wheeler were involved in the wreck Tuesday night that initially closed the interstate. One lane was reopened around 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Drivers who wish to avoid the congestion should use U. S. 190 as an alternate route. Live updates can be found on the WBRZ Traffic Center page.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Family, friends remember former WBRZ anchor John Mahaffey
EBRSO: Driver attempts to flee scene of crash, doesn't get far
LA 1 to get new signs telling traffic info.
BR zoo takes WBRZ behind the scenes after animal deaths
Students invade Capitol for 'Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day'