Hunting sales tax holiday weekend begins today
BATON ROUGE - Louisiana hunters will have a chance to outfit themselves for the coming season with a weekend of state and local sales tax exemptions during the annual 2014 Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday.
Today through Sunday, individual consumer purchases of guns, ammunition and other hunting supplies will be exempt from state and local sales tax. Items covered during the sales tax holiday weekend include:
- Firearms that may be legally sold or purchased in Louisiana
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Archery supplies to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear manufactured and marketed as being primarily for wear or use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed and intended primarily for hunting; the exemption does not apply to golf carts, go-carts, dirt bikes, mini-bikes, motorcycles, tractors, motor vehicles which may be legally driven on the streets and highways of Louisiana, or heavy equipment such as cranes, forklifts, backhoes and bulldozers
For a full list of eligible purchases covered during the sales tax holiday, please visit the Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday website.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer
State officials respond to The Investigative Unit's report on Hwy 190 in...
Cemetery still working to identify bodies disturbed by August flood
Walker subdivision still having drainage problems