House fire on Cadillac in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - A home at 5284 Cadillac St. in Baton Rouge went up in flames Thursday morning around 9:30.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find the living room engulfed in flames. The fire was contained to that area, but the rest of the home had heavy smoke and fire damage.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department says the fire was caused by the misuse of a space heater.
Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the two people that were living in the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sheriff: Honorable teen stabbed with steak knife in rebellious attack
Chief says he won't serve warrant for deputy accused of racial slur
Republican candidates take aim at each other during anti-lawsuit forum
International company leaving Port Allen for Livingston Parish
Police: Teens playing with gun when one killed