House fire causes $35K in damages
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters say a house fire caused about $35,000 in damage early this morning at 477 Florence Street in Baton Rouge.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived on scene at approximately 3am to find a portion of the attic on fire.
According to the report, the fire was contained to the attic with the rest of the home receiving water and smoke damage.
Officials say the resident noticed electrical breakers malfunctioning breakers through out the day and was planning on calling an electrician.
There were no reports of injuries. The Red Cross was called to the scene to help the residents.