Posted: Apr 23, 2010 1:41 PM by Kevin Davidson
Two people escaped a house fire in Baton Rouge after neighbors saw what was going on.
It started just after nine o'clock Friday morning at 8832 Bayside.
Fire fighters say a woman and child were inside when neighbors knocked on the door to alert them.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen by a pot left unattended on the stove.
Flames made it into the attic and quickly spread through the house from there.
One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.