House fire caused by child playing with outlet
BATON ROUGE - Baton Rouge firefighters responded to a house fire in north Baton Rouge Saturday morning.
Firefighters were called to the 9600 block of Lewis Street sometime at 10:15 a.m. Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming from the house.
Crews were able to contain the fire by 10:34 a.m., according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
Four people were inside the home when the fire started. All four were able to make it out safely, BRFD said.
BRFD determined the fire was caused by a child playing with an electrical outlet inside the house. The child told investigators what happened and will be put in the Juvenile Fire Setters Program.
The house received heavy smoke damage, BRFD said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence