Holly's Holiday Countdown
Fast and Fancy Party Pickups
Parmesan Pita Pickups
Candied Pecan Brie
Berry Trifle Laced With Chocolate Sauce
Mildly Mexican Breakfast Bake - make it night before and put it in Christmas morning.
Sweet Potato, Orange, and Cranberry Muffins
Harvest Chicken Salad
Parmesan Pita Pick-Ups from KITCHEN 101
These crispy Italian seasoned pitas (like chips) are fantastic served warm or room temperature. Make the filling ahead of time, refrigerate and put together for a great last minute appetizer or snack.
Makes 15 (4-triangle) servings
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
5 whole pita breads (whole wheat)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, mix together all ingredients except pita bread.
3. Split pita bread in half and cut each whole into six triangles (each pita makes 12 triangles). Spread each triangle with about 1/2 teaspoon mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 92, Calories from Fat 33%, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 6mg, Carbohydrates 12g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 4g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: Use kitchen scissors to easily cut pitas. Italian seasoning blend may be substituted for basil and oregano.
Candied Pecan Brie from KITCHEN 101
Easy showpiece recipe - ready in minutes.
Makes 8 (1-ounce) servings
1 (8-ounce) round Brie cheese
1/4 cup pecans halves
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 325ºF.
2. Remove top rind of Brie. Place Brie in shallow baking dish.
3. In small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook pecans, stirring about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla stirring, until brown sugar is melted and combined. Watch carefully, as cooks quickly. Top Brie with pecan mixture.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until Brie is soft. Let sit 5 minutes before serving (may heat in microwave).
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 139, Calories from Fat 66%, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 28mg, Sodium 180mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 5g, Protein 6g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Flash flood watch issued, sandbags available for EBR residents
Fatalities confirmed after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
2MAD: Michael Levesque/Edna Brown
Church fundraiser nearly derailed after thief steals $10,000 barbecue pit
Residents in Ascension Parish subdivision concerned over gator sightings