Holly Clegg Recipes for Wednesday, December 8th
Southwestern Soup from Holly Cleggs "trim&TERRIFIC GULF COAST FAVORITES"
This hearty soup is a real family pleaser and stomach filler.
Makes 9 (1-cup) servings
1 pound ground sirloin
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups water
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup salsa
2 cups cubed, peeled, sweet or white potatoes
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups frozen corn
1. In large nonstick pot, cook meat and onion over medium heat until meat is done, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer about 30 minutes.
3. Add corn, continue cooking, covered, 15 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 149, Calories from fat 17%, Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 28 mg, Sodium 289 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 13 g, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat
Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake From 'Holly Cleggs TOO HOT IN THE KTICHEN
This marvelous moist cake melts in your mouth. Spice and everything nice makes this a holiday hit.
Makes 16-20 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 (4-serving) box instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup vanilla or eggnog nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup light eggnog
3 egg whites
1 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, eggnog, egg, and egg
whites, mixing until creamy.
3. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Pour in prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 256 Calories from fat 39% Fat 12g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 268mg Carbohydrate 36g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 25g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat