Historic B&B in Natchitoches destroyed by fire
NATCHITOCHES - A fire broke out at the Natchitoches' Levy East Bed and Breakfast, gutting the historic structure.
It happened about 5:45 a.m. Tuesday and took firefighters about an hour to get the blaze under control. One firefighter suffered minor injuries. Authorities do not believe anyone was inside when the fire started and the blaze is under investigation.
Levy East Bed and Breakfast dates back to the 1860s. Before the fire, the business was not operational. Officials say there are some parts of the building that did not get damaged and will be saved.
Natchitoches historian Iris Harper says the house is listed on the National Registry of Historic Homes.