Heater blamed for LSU apartment fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said a faulty heating unit was to blame for a reported fire at an apartment complex on the LSU campus Friday morning.
The fire happened at the Edward Gay Apartments off Roosevelt Drive, north of the campus. Smoke was seen pouring out of one of the units as firefighters pulled up.
Firefighters said nobody was hurt, and the fire was contained to only one unit of the apartment though it did receive heavy smoke damage. People were evacuated from the complex until the issue was resolved.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Business Owner wants to help revitalize Northgate neighborhood
High-profile sex offender able to post expensive bond; released from jail
Comite Diversion Canal fully funded, project could start soon
Authorities rescue man dangling from power line after work accident along LA...
Attorney requests change of venue, cites Confederate monument