Governor stuck during airport bomb scare
KENNER- A bomb threat shut down New Orleans International Airport for a brief time Thursday night.
WWL TV in New Orleans reported a call was made to 911 earlier in the evening, prompting the scare. Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies checked the facility and eventually the all clear was given.
Once the airport received the threat, all incoming flights were held.
Among the passengers who had to deal with the disturbance was Governor Bobby Jindal. The governor's staff said the threat was made long before the governor arrived and it was a coincidence that he was caught up in the ordeal. They said he was fine.
No other information about the situation has been released.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One year after deadly tornadoes struck south Louisiana
Soldier reunites with family and friends at Baton Rouge airport
Teen crash victim remembered with balloon release
After a dozen floods, man moves into flood-free home
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: State Police back out of investigation into Sheriff Captain