Good Samaritan helps kids escape burning house
BATON ROUGE- A good Samaritan helped two kids escape a burning home Tuesday afternoon.
A 16-year-old and 2-year-old were trapped inside the home as it was burning on Ponderosa Drive. A passerby saw them trying to break out of a front window, stopped and helped them escape, the East Side Fire Department said.
Firefighters told WBRZ News 2, by the time they got there, everyone was out safely.
The pair was trapped because the fire burned the back of the house so badly, they could not escape through a hallway.
A neighbor saw the fire and called 911, the fire department said.
Investigators believe an unattended pot on the stove sparked the inferno.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt
New road to allow additional access to Lamar Dixon Expo Center
Southern University's disrepair could affect enrollment