Good Samaritan alerts family that house was on fire
NATALBANY- A family is safe after a Good Samaritan alerted them that their home was on fire on LA 1064 West on Sunday morning.
Natalbany Volunteer Fire responded to the fire around 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning where three people were inside of the home.
The three inside were able to escape without injury after a person passing by stopped to alert them that the home was on fire.
Officials said that the family was very lucky since there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
It is not certain how the fire started, but officials believe it started on the carport and spread into the attic of the home.
The Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office and Acadian Ambulance assisted firefighters during the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Fallen EBRSO Sgt. Shawn Anderson to be laid to rest
Fallen EBRSO Sgt. Shawn Anderson escorted to Healing Place Church
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt