Get free legal advice during the flood aftermath
BATON ROUGE - Flood victims can access free legal advice to help guide them through the recovery process. Victims will have a lot of questions and this service is aimed at getting answers.
Here are examples of the legal assistance available:
· Help securing FEMA and other available benefits for disaster survivors.
· Assistance with life, medical and property insurance claims.
· Help with home repair contracts and contractors.
· Replacement of wills and other legal documents destroyed in the disaster.
· Assistance in consumer protection matters, remedies and procedures.
· Counseling on mortgage-foreclosure problems.
· Counseling on landlord/tenant problems.
The hotline is 1-800-310-7029. It is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The volunteers on the phone are members of the Louisiana Bar Association, Louisiana Civil Justice Center, the American Bar Association and FEMA.