Get free legal advice during the flood aftermath
BATON ROUGE - Flood victims can access free legal advice to help guide them through the recovery process. Victims will have a lot of questions and this service is aimed at getting answers.
Here are examples of the legal assistance available:
· Help securing FEMA and other available benefits for disaster survivors.
· Assistance with life, medical and property insurance claims.
· Help with home repair contracts and contractors.
· Replacement of wills and other legal documents destroyed in the disaster.
· Assistance in consumer protection matters, remedies and procedures.
· Counseling on mortgage-foreclosure problems.
· Counseling on landlord/tenant problems.
The hotline is 1-800-310-7029. It is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The volunteers on the phone are members of the Louisiana Bar Association, Louisiana Civil Justice Center, the American Bar Association and FEMA.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Rouzan development purchased, construction to start immediately
Free clinic continues this weekend
Funeral services for fireman killed in the line of duty announced
Couple sentenced in 2015 vigilante justice murder case
Man sneaks into local restaurant, robs employees & customers at gunpoint