Get free legal advice during the flood aftermath
BATON ROUGE - Flood victims can access free legal advice to help guide them through the recovery process. Victims will have a lot of questions and this service is aimed at getting answers.
Here are examples of the legal assistance available:
· Help securing FEMA and other available benefits for disaster survivors.
· Assistance with life, medical and property insurance claims.
· Help with home repair contracts and contractors.
· Replacement of wills and other legal documents destroyed in the disaster.
· Assistance in consumer protection matters, remedies and procedures.
· Counseling on mortgage-foreclosure problems.
· Counseling on landlord/tenant problems.
The hotline is 1-800-310-7029. It is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The volunteers on the phone are members of the Louisiana Bar Association, Louisiana Civil Justice Center, the American Bar Association and FEMA.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sen. Troy Brown will spend the weekend in jail
Spanish Town Parade asks for usual irreverence but inclusion
Residents on edge as Comite River crests above flood stage
Baton Rouge residents gather to watch Trump's inauguration
Police believe illegal immigrant could be tied to other sex crimes