Germany: suspect in cinema incident dead, no others injured
BERLIN - Police say a man has been shot dead after entering a movie theater in southwestern Germany, apparently with a weapon. They say they believe that no one else was injured in the incident.
Police spokesman Bernd Hochstaedter said authorities were told early Thursday afternoon that an armed man had entered the Kinopolis movie theater in the town of Viernheim and that shots apparently had been fired.
Hesse's interior minister, Peter Beuth, said it wasn't clear whether the weapon was real.
Hochstaedter said that the police deployment lasted around three hours.
He said: "We believe that there were no injured people, and that the people who were in the cinema with the perpetrator could be freed uninjured."
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Baton Rouge businesses pitch to investors for chance at check
Concerned over construction project handling
Vice President Pence pays surprise visit to Denham Springs couple
BRPD dealing with fewer applicants, increase in open positions
Vice President Mike Pence speaks to Port Allen crowd