Local News

Generator sparks early morning house fire

Font size

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 7:48 AM
Updated: Aug 31, 2012 10:05 AM
Source:

  Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

Topics: generator, fire, central, fairchild, wbrz, louisiana

CENTRAL - A home in East Baton Rouge Parish is charred after a generator set the house on fire.

Fire officials say the generator was too close to the home on J L Fairchild in Central. The siding of the house caught fire from the heat put off from the generator around 2 a.m. Friday.

It took crews nearly an hour to battle the blaze because there wasn't a hydrant nearby. A water tanker was brought in to help douse the flames.

Pride, Zachary and Eastside fire agencies assisted Central battling the blaze.

Images courtesy: Central Fire Department

Most Popular