Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast

Latest Weather Blog

Follow our weather team on social media

Generator sparks early morning house fire

3 years ago August 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012 Friday, August 31 2012 Friday, August 31, 2012 6:48:19 AM CDT in News

CENTRAL - A home in East Baton Rouge Parish is charred after a generator set the house on fire.

Fire officials say the generator was too close to the home on J L Fairchild in Central.  The siding of the house caught fire from the heat put off from the generator around 2 a.m. Friday.

It took crews nearly an hour to battle the blaze because there wasn't a hydrant nearby. A water tanker was brought in to help douse the flames.

Pride, Zachary and Eastside fire agencies assisted Central battling the blaze.

Images courtesy: Central Fire Department

More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days