Gas leak puts shopping center on alert
BATON ROUGE - A shopping center near the Siegen/Perkins intersection was evacuated and had its power disconnected after a contractor hit a gas line and caused a leak Thursday evening.
It took crews just more than two hours to seal the lake and about thirty more minutes to ventilate a grocery store that had filled with natural gas. St. George firefighters said their was a strong odor in the Winn-Dixie shopping center.
The fire department said everything was clear about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Carolina police release dash cam shooting footage (Warning: Graphic Video)
North Carolina police release shooting footage (Graphic video warning)
West BR to implement traffic flow measures on LA 1 starting Monday
Man claims his severe losses came from contractor, not flood
Local teen prepares for 9th open heart surgery