Posted: Aug 21, 2014 9:28 PM by Caroline McDougall
Updated: Aug 21, 2014 9:28 PM
BATON ROUGE - A shopping center near the Siegen/Perkins intersection was evacuated and had its power disconnected after a contractor hit a gas line and caused a leak Thursday evening.
It took crews just more than two hours to seal the lake and about thirty more minutes to ventilate a grocery store that had filled with natural gas. St. George firefighters said their was a strong odor in the Winn-Dixie shopping center.
The fire department said everything was clear about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.