Free HIV tests offered in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE, La. - Baton Rouge residents can get free HIV testing on Saturday and Thursday, which is National HIV Testing Day.
The Advocate reports that on Saturday the tests can be taken from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Kernan Park Health Fair, 333 Kernan Ave.
On Thursday, tests will be available at:
- Smith-Brown Student Union, Southern University, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Walgreens, 5955 Airline Highway, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E. Washington St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 4000 Gus Young Ave., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Baton Rouge AIDS Society, 4560 North Blvd., Suite 100, round-the-clock testing.
Capitol City Family Health Center, 3140 Florida St., offers free HIV testing on an ongoing basis Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Best friends say don't ignore heart disease symptoms
Residents discuss police policy recommendations
Baton Rouge residents discuss police policy recommendations
Man pulls driver from wreck after 18-wheeler drives off Basin Bridge
Police: teen arrested for November murder on Nebraska Street