Free cheesecake for Armed Forces Day
BATON ROUGE - A local restaurant has a deal for military members this weekend.
To celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday, Lava Cantina is offering free cheesecake to all military members who have a valid I.D. For more information, please click here.
Moe Sanchez, the executive chef at Lava Cantina, dished out his recipe for "Dr. Feelgood's Cheesecake."
Recipe for "Dr. Feelgood's Cheesecake:
- Sopapilla dough 2 sheets
- Cream cheese, softened 1 pound
- Sugar, granulated 1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp
- Butter, softened 1/4 pound
- Spray pan with cooking spray
- Place 1 sheet of dough into bottom of pan
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese, half of the sugar, and vanilla until smooth
- Spread over top of dough
- Place second sheet of dough over top of cream cheese mixture
- Melt butter and pour over top layer of dough
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon together
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture generously over top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and bottom crust slightly brown.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One year after deadly tornadoes struck south Louisiana
Soldier reunites with family and friends at Baton Rouge airport
Teen crash victim remembered with balloon release
After a dozen floods, man moves into flood-free home
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: State Police back out of investigation into Sheriff Captain