Free cheesecake for Armed Forces Day
BATON ROUGE - A local restaurant has a deal for military members this weekend.
To celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday, Lava Cantina is offering free cheesecake to all military members who have a valid I.D. For more information, please click here.
Moe Sanchez, the executive chef at Lava Cantina, dished out his recipe for "Dr. Feelgood's Cheesecake."
Recipe for "Dr. Feelgood's Cheesecake:
- Sopapilla dough 2 sheets
- Cream cheese, softened 1 pound
- Sugar, granulated 1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp
- Butter, softened 1/4 pound
- Spray pan with cooking spray
- Place 1 sheet of dough into bottom of pan
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese, half of the sugar, and vanilla until smooth
- Spread over top of dough
- Place second sheet of dough over top of cream cheese mixture
- Melt butter and pour over top layer of dough
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon together
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture generously over top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and bottom crust slightly brown.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Confusing addresses have some Zachary residents asking for change
Barge removal started on False River
Flood victims could qualify for new bathroom, kitchen
New details on Vice President Mike Pence's visit to Baton Rouge Wednesday
Cop's alleged racist messages on gay chat app under investigation