Food on stove starts house fire
BAKER - An unattended kitchen fire is what the Baker fire department says started a blaze at a home on Hovey Street Saturday night.
Fire officials say the homeowner fell asleep around 9 o'clock while he was frying fish and the oil started a fire that spread to the cabinets, walls and ceiling before spreading into the attic.
The homeowner was the only one home at the time and got out of the house.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sunshine Bridge closure hurts sugar cane farmers
Nearly 20 years after high-profile murder, police break Kassie Federer case; Suspect...
Mega Millions jackpot reaches $667M, largest in drawing's history
First responders concerned about inability to use Sunshine Bridge
Second house fire claims another life this week