Florida man faces charges after baby dies in hot bedroom
LARGO, Fla. - A Florida man faces charges after his 8-month-old son died while being kept in a sweltering bedroom with no air conditioning.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that 25-year-old William Francis Hendrickson was told by authorities the day before to keep his children in another room.
The baby died on Thursday after being kept in a mobile home bedroom in Largo that was 109 degrees when police arrived.
Authorities say the baby's body temperature was 105.6 degrees. Hendrickson's 2-year-old daughter had to be treated for dehydration.
The children's mother was arrested days earlier on a battery charge.
County child protection investigators did a welfare check on Thursday and told Hendrickson not to leave the children in the bedroom.
He faces charges of aggravated child neglect and aggravated manslaughter.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence