Firefighters respond to house fire on Fairfields Avenue
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire on Fairfields Avenue early Sunday afternoon.
According to fire officials, the incident occurred sometime around 12:30 p.m. in the 2500 block of Fairfields Ave.
Sources say the fire is now under control and there were no reported injuries.
Cause of the fire was said to be from an electrical malfunction in the attic.
The estimated loss is $60,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Gorilla caught on camera taking a stroll
Area mayors set to denounce plans for zoo move
Crying child wanders into parking lot after being left on school bus...
Livingston Fire Dept.'s struggle with lack of funding continues
Crawfish could be in short supply for businesses relying on Atchafalaya Basin