Firefighters respond to house fire on E Parkland Drive
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a working house fire on E Parkland Drive Tuesday evening.
According to BRFD, the fire started sometime before 7:00 p.m. in the 200 E Parkland Drive near N Parkland Drive.
The fire was caused by a pot that was left unattended on the stove in the kitchen. Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames. The fire was contained to the kitchen area, and the rest of the home received smoke damage.
Four people were displaced as a result of the fire. Red Cross has been called to assist those individuals.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Python hunter rescues 4-foot alligator from the grip of a 10-foot...
Nutria spotted around City Park Lakes, best left alone
Power returning after thousands affected in EBR after outages
Deputy fired after fleeing police in Corvette, jailed for DWI
Coast Guard recovers barges full of soybeans in Mississippi River
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence
Saints RB Mark Ingram says he's 'not angry' with his contract
Sean Payton's coaching style propels him into 13th year with Saints
New coach excited to change basketball culture at Southern