Firefighters rescue family dog from burning home
ST. AMANT, La.- Firefighters rescued a family dog from a burning home in the 12300 block of Jim Babin Road in St. Amant late Saturday night.
Investigators believe a golf cart plugged in to recharge may have started the fire that caused major damage to the home.
The homeowner, who got out safe, told firefighters he noticed the cable went out then started smelling smoke. When he got outside he found the golf cart in flames.
Nine firetrucks and 28 volunteers worked to put out the blaze. A firefighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion. The dog was taken to a local vet for treatment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Daycare owner indicted on negligent homicide charge in child's death
Slow start to ticket sales for Saturday's LSU, USC game
La. VA secretary out amid patient care scandal
LSU general admission tickets go on sale Thursday
West Feliciana deputy accused of using 'n' word, multiple complaints filed