Firefighters extinguish flame at apartment complex on Old Hammond Hwy
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials were called to the Spires of Sherwood apartment complex on Old Hammond Hwy in reference to a fire in the complex Monday evening.
Firefighters were able extinguish the flames. EMS was contacted to check out an infant for possible smoke inhalation, but the infant is believed to be fine, according to officials.
BRFD said the fire was caused by a pot left on the stove. While firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flame, the apartment received heavy smoked damage.
Out of the 24 unit building, only 2 units were damages, according to BRFD.
Red Cross officials were also called to the scene.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence