Firefighters attribute Paige St. fire to overloaded extension cord
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters say a fire that caused minor smoke damage to a home in the 4000 block of Paige St. was caused by an overloaded extension cord.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the scene in the noon hour of Monday to find a pile of clothes and portions of a bedroom wall on fire.
They were able to put out the fire, which only slightly damaged the rest of the house with smoke while fire damage was contained to the bedroom.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt
New road to allow additional access to Lamar Dixon Expo Center
Southern University's disrepair could affect enrollment