Posted: Sep 16, 2013 10:27 AM
Source: Associated Press
SHREVEPORT - A Shreveport firefighter suffered minor injuries as the fire department battled a morning blaze.
Firefighters responded to a fire at a vacant house in Shreveport's Allendale neighborhood, about 5 a.m. Monday. They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure. That blaze spread to a home next door, causing some damage. One person was in that home. That person escaped unharmed.
KTBS-TV reported that a Shreveport Fire Captain injured her ankle with a ventilation fan. No other injuries were reported.
It was the second fire of the morning for Shreveport firefighters.
Around 2:30 a.m., a family of four escaped a house fire that destroyed most of their home in the Lakeside neighborhood. Firefighters believe that blaze started when someone fell asleep while food was cooking.