Fire: One dead in morning house fire
BATON ROUGE - Baton Rouge fire officials say a man was killed in a house fire Saturday morning.
The single family house on Braddock Street near Howard Street caught fire at around 6 a.m.
Officials say a man between 30 and 35 years old was found passed out on a couch inside the house. Fire fighters tried to perform CPR to revive him but it didn't work. The victim did not live at the house but nobody else was home to identify him.
No word yet on the cause of the fire, but officials say foul play isn't suspected.
IMAGE: Baton Rouge Fire Department
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU freshman with cancer flips coin at Saturday's game
LSU Parade Ground appears empty amid temporary tailgate restrictions
Greek Life imposes new tailgating guidelines in wake of student death
Video of Baker High fight sparks outrage among parents
LeBlanc's Boudin a total loss after fire