Electrical fire destroys family's home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters fought and controlled a fire within minutes on Eaton Street Wednesday, but the damage will leave a family of six homeless.
The fire started around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at 3739 Eaton St. while the occupants were out.
Upon return, flames were seen coming out a front bedroom window.
Firefighters say they arrived to the home at 10:49 a.m. and had it controlled by 10:57 a.m.
Authorities believe the cause of the fire was electrical.
It damaged the bedroom and attic of the home.
No injuries were reported.