Fire destroys Denham Springs home
DENHAM SPRINGS - In Livingston Parish a family of eight is homeless after a fire ravaged their home overnight.
Felicia Butler got a call at work saying her house on Martin Luther King Drive in Denham Springs was on fire. When she arrived it was already lost.
Seven people were inside when it happened, including two toddlers. Butler's 15-year-old son heard his nephew screaming, saw the flames and helped get his family get out.
She said she was she's just thankful her family was not hurt.
"I was devastated. All I could think about was my kids and my grandbabies. I was just worried I was in shock," said Felicia Butler.
Firefighters said the fire started in the front bedroom and quickly spread through the home. They're still investigating how it started.
The Red Cross is putting the Butlers in a hotel for a few nights. After that they're not sure where they'll go.
If you'd like to help the family out, you can reach them at 225-939-5320.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer
State officials respond to The Investigative Unit's report on Hwy 190 in...
Cemetery still working to identify bodies disturbed by August flood
Walker subdivision still having drainage problems