Fire destroys Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said a fire destroyed a Baton Rouge home Tuesday morning.
Mark Miles with the Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire at 5075 Ford Street appears to have been an accident.
Firefighters said they were called out at 7:49 a.m. to the home and found flames coming out of the rear of the house. The crews worked to keep the fire from burning any other nearby structures, but the home was a total loss.
The Red Cross was called in to help the family who lived at the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Strong storms roll through Baton Rouge area
Jury convicts deputy marshal for shooting death of boy, dad\'s injuries
At least 3 injured after tree falls on cars near Tara
Beloved cat with microchip went missing, adopted by another family
Hammond school closed Friday due to Norovirus outbreak