Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Fire dept: unfortunate example of cooking danger

3 years ago August 04, 2012 Aug 4, 2012 Saturday, August 04 2012 Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:45:43 AM CDT in News
By: Trey Schmaltz

BATON ROUGE- A pot, left on the stove, sparked a house fire overnight.

The blaze, in the 9000 block of Redwood, destroyed the home's kitchen and damaged other parts of the building.

Unattended stoves are a leading cause of house fires.
"Please be sure to use extreme caution when cooking in or around the home and never leave your pots unattended," said Curt Monte with the Baton Rouge Fire Dept.


More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days